Early Bird Price, £395 + VAT expires on the 2nd May
Exploring the investment value in hotel operations
The rise and rise of third-party managers indicates how investors in the hotel industry are beginning to demand clarity in the black box labelled “operations”. Previous approaches of putting the management of hotels into the same category as the brand offering are no longer being accepted. A clearer definition of the value created in running hotels is needed.
This is not an event focused on how to be a better sous chef or what is the best way to clean a room: rather this event explores how value is created by managing chefs and housekeepers more effectively. It highlights how focused management across all aspects of the hotel business will deliver the best results and hones in on just what that management looks like.
It maybe that the best approach is to have an integrated brand and management company. Or perhaps separating out the disciplines is the best way forward. Both approaches can create superior value: the key is determining how and what works best where. The Hotel Operations Conference is designed to help provide answers to these questions.
HOC 2017 will cover
- Management company valuations. Unbundling management, brand & property – do you create more value?
- Third party management company leaders saying what they are thinking and what they are planning.
- Spotlight sessions looking at the big brands HR, design and architecture, procurement and financial support.
- Profitability: examining margin erosion.
- A different take on management.
- Who should be the best brand and operating company: how much does scale matter?
- Are current legal contracts fit for purpose.
- Big brands are vital for the future of the hotel industry.
Hotel brand companies, hotel operating companies and hotel owners will all be a focus of debate. Senior executives at the CEO, COO and CFO level are expected to attend along with specialists in development, operations, sales, human resources and CSR.
Companies attending HOC17: Accor; Accor Hotels Germany; Aethos Consulting Group; Arc Consulting Partners; Artelia UK; Avvio; BDRC Continental; Bespoke Hotels; Building Services Design; Business Horsepower ltd; Buro Four; Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group; CBRE; Choice Hotels; Colliers International; Conscious Travel; CMS Legal Services; Dentons; Destiny Student; Deutsche Hospitality; Ennismore; First Hotels; Global Holdings Management; Gran Hotel Santiago Del Teide; Hamilton Hotel Partners; Herald Hotels; Hilton; HOFTEL; Holiday Inn; Hotel Partner Yield Management; Hotstats; HVS Hodges Ward Elliot; InterContinental Hotels Group; Interstate Hotels; Jampro Trade and Investment Jamaica; London & Regional Properties; Kew Green Hotels; Madison Mayfair; Magnuson Hotels; Marriott International Hotels; Nadler Hotels; Nine Hospitality; PlanHotel Resorts and Hotels; PSD Hospitality & Leisure; Precis Management Services; PwC UK; PwC Switzerland; Redefine BDL; ReviewPro; The Ritz; The George: Urban Boutique Hotel; Tower Hotel Management; Travers Smith; Union Investment Real Estate; University of Surrey; Valor Hospitality; Wyndham Hotel Group; Zleep Hotels.
- Nick Smart, Vice President Development, North & West Europe, Hilton Worldwide
- Stephen Cassidy, Senior Vice President and Managing Director, UK & Ireland, Hilton
- Michael Walsh, Vice President Design & Engineering Europe, InterContinental Hotels Group
- Peter Till, Managing Director, Choice Hotels
- Elie Younes, Executive Vice President, Chief Development Officer, Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group
- Tim Walton, Vice President, Marriott International Hotels
- Nick Turner, Managing Director, Bespoke Hotels International
- Peter de La Perrelle, Managing Director, Peel Holdings
- Philippe Bijaoui, Chief Development Officer EMEA, Wyndham Hotel Group
- Robert Nadler, CEO, Nadler Hotels
- Thomas Magnuson, Co Founder and CEO, Magnuson Worldwide
- Vivek Chadha, Owner, Nine Hospitality
- Nick O’Keeffe, Director of Business Development, Kew Green Hotels
- Frank Croston, Partner, Hamilton Hotel Partners
- Samantha Ward, Hotels Sector Leader, PwC
- Brian McCarthy, Managing Director, Valor Hospitality Partners
- Henri Wilmes, Vice President Acquisitions – Hotels, London and Regional Properties
- John Stuart, Chief Operating Officer, Redefine BDL
- Charles Human, Managing Director, HVS Hodges Ward Elliot
- Frank Reeves, Founder & CEO, Avvio
- Chris Mumford, Managing Director, Aethos Consulting Group
- Jonathan Langston, Co-Founder, Hotstats
- Tom Page, Global Head of Hotel and Leisure Group, CMS
- James Munro, Hotels Resorts & Residential Management, Arc Consulting Partners
- Claus-Dieter Jandel, Executive Vice President & Chief Development Officer, Deutsche Hospitality
- Lesley Reynolds, Managing Director, PSD Hospitality & Leisure
- Michael Kessler, VP Global Sales, ReviewPro
- Julia Felton, CEO, Business Horsepower
- Anna Pollock, Founder, Conscious Travel
- Simon Allison, Chairman and CEO, HOFTEL