Exploring the investment value in hotel operations
The rise and rise of third-party managers indicates how investors in the hotel industry are beginning to demand clarity in the black box labelled “operations”. Previous approaches of putting the management of hotels into the same category as the brand offering are no longer being accepted. A clearer definition of the value created in running hotels is needed.
This is not an event focused on how to be a better sous chef or what is the best way to clean a room: rather this event explores how value is created by managing chefs and housekeepers more effectively. It highlights how focused management across all aspects of the hotel business will deliver the best results and hones in on just what that management looks like.
It maybe that the best approach is to have an integrated brand and management company. Or perhaps separating out the disciplines is the best way forward. Both approaches can create superior value: the key is determining how and what works best where. The Hotel Operations Conference is designed to help provide answers to these questions.
HOC 2017 will cover
- Management company valuations. Unbundling management, brand & property – do you create more value?
- Third party management company leaders saying what they are thinking and what they are planning.
- Spotlight sessions looking at the big brands HR, design and architecture, procurement and financial support.
- Profitability: examining margin erosion.
- A different take on management.
- Who should be the best brand and operating company: how much does scale matter?
- Are current legal contracts fit for purpose.
- Big brands are vital for the future of the hotel industry.
Hotel brand companies, hotel operating companies and hotel owners will all be a focus of debate. Senior executives at the CEO, COO and CFO level are expected to attend along with specialists in development, operations, sales, human resources and CSR.
Companies attending HOC17: Accor; Avvio; Bespoke Hotels; Buro Four; CBRE; CMS Legal Services; Dentons; Ennismore; First Hotels; Hamilton Hotel Partners; Hilton; Holiday Inn; Hotstats; HVS Hodges Ward Elliot; InterContinental Hotels; Interstate; Madison Mayfair; Tower Hotel Management; Zleep Hotels.
Among the delegates, the following senior people attended in 2016:
CEO & Chairman, Legend Hotels
President, Pestana Group
President, Tribe Hotels
CEO, Constance Hotels & Resorts
Managing Director, Assured Hotels
Founder and CEO, MyHotels
Managing Director, Qbic Hotels
CEO, Zleep Hotels
Director, Nadler Hotels
Director International Development, Marriott Hotels International
Operations Director, Starboard Hotels
Senior Vice-President for Development, Accor Hotels UK & Ireland
Senior Development Analyst, Accor UK & Ireland
Vice President Development, UK & Ireland Franchise Director, Accor Hotels UK & Ireland
Senior Development Manager, Accor
CEO, Expo Hotels & Resorts
Managing Director, The Abbey Hotel
Owner, The Abbey Hotel
Managing Director, Herald Hotels
Senior Director Feasibility and Investment Analysis Europe & Africa, Hilton Worldwide
Senior Vice President & Managing Director, UK & Ireland, Hilton
Director Development Strategy & Planning EMEA, Hilton
Director Development UK & Ireland, Hilton
Development Director UK & Ireland, Hilton
Director of Acquisitions & Development, PPHE Hotel Group
Managing Director, Virgin Limited Edition
Senior Account Manager Uk/Ireland/France/Benelux, Hostelworld
Managing Director, The Hotel Management Company
Director of Operations UK & Africa, 4C Hotel Group
Director, Hotel Invest International
Business Development, Dalata
Finance and Commercial Director, Virgin Limited Edition
Executive Director, EY
Director Asset Management, The Deerbrook Group
Chief Operations Officer, Shanti Hospitality Group
Senior VP, Shanti Hospitality Group
Commercial Analyst, Michels and Taylor
Head of EMEA Hotels Development, CBRE Hotels
Chief Operating Officer UK, CBRE Hotels
Business Development Director, Redefine BDL Management
VP Marketing, Aleph Hospitality
Head of Asset Management, VIY Management
Managing Director, Unfold Consulting
VP, Marathon Asset Management
Senior Investment Manager Hotels/ Head of Asset Management Hotel, Union Investment Real Estate
Real Estate Private Equity, PIMCO
Executive Director, Hospitality Real Estate
Managing Director, Plumsource
Partner, Paul Hastings
Business Development Manager-Industry Partners, STR Global
HoReCa Projects Manager, Redix
Corporate Development & Strategy, TrustYou
Partner, Bluehouse Capital
Investment Manager Hotels, Art-Investment Real Estate Management
Founding Partner, Crossroads Real Estate
- Robert Crook, Managing Director for the UK, Interstate UK
- Nam Quach, Director – Head of Leisure, EY
- Stewart Campbell, Managing Director, Redefine Hotel Management
- Frank Croston, Owner, Hamilton Hotel Partners
- Clive Hillier, Chief Executive Officer, Vision Hospitality Asset Management
- Michael Levie, Chief Operating Officer, CitizenM
- Jacob Rasin, Director Business Intelligence, Pandox
- Jude Kadhim, Director of Loyalty EMEA, Wyndham Hotels and Resorts
- Alastair Campbell, Customer Markets and Strategy Director, GLH Hotels
- Michael Bauer, Director Development & Acquisition, Event Hotels
- Dermot Crowley, Deputy CEO, Dalata Hotel Group
- Nick Smart, Vice President Development, UK & Ireland & Nordics, Hilton Worldwide
- Andrew Shaw, Associate Vice President Development UK & I, IHG
- Thomas Dubaere, Managing Director, Accor (Economy Brands)
- Tim Walton, Vice President International Development, Marriott Hotels International
- Frank Reeves, Founder & CEO, Avvio
- Thomas Magnuson, CEO, Magnuson Worldwide
- Emmanuel Dissez, Head of Asset Management, Algonquin
- Sharon Segal, Director of Finance, The One Group – Europe
- Allan Nelson, Director, For-Sight Guest CRM
- James Bland, Director, BDRC Continental
- Craig Ryder, Director, KPMG-nunwood
- Zahara Kassam, Hotel Asset Manager (Europe), Marathon Asset Management
- Nick Taplin, Managing Director, Marco Pierre White Restaurants
- Peter de la Perrelle, Managing Director – Hotel Division, Tower Hotel Management
- Guy Pasley-Tyler, Senior Director, Portfolio Strategy and Feasibility Europe, Host
- Robert Seabrook, Executive Director, CBRE Hotels
- Sophie Perret, Director, HVS
- Simon Allison, Chairman, HOFTEL